Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Quick Tip: Wrap Your Painting & Art

Do you have a large painting/portrait above a mantel or in a prominent place in your home?  I have a canvas that is 35"x35" and I love it, but it really shouts out "Spring/Summer" more than Fall/Winter/Holiday.  I certainly don' want to spend a lot of money to replace it several times a year.  So, I have found one way to get around this issue ~ at least for Christmas.  I purchased a vinyl tablecloth at Walmart for $3 and I used that to cover the painting like a Christmas present.  I used a hot glue gun to adhere it to the wood part of the canvas in the back.  Then I added some ribbon and a giant bow using Command strips since I was worried the hot glue would ruin the front of the painting.  Now I have a giant Christmas present above the mantle.


No comments:

Post a Comment